PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY APPLYING TO TAKE PART IN THE EARTH, SEA & FIRE, DUBROVNIK TRIATHLON EVENT 2020, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
• “Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the Event.
• “Entry Fee” means the price of entry into the Event as set out in the Entry Form, such price may be changed by the Event Organiser at its discretion.
• “Entry Form” means the website pages on the Online Entry Portal which must be completed in order to participate in the Event.
• “Entry Place” means a Participant’s confirmed place to take part in the Event following completion of the Entry Form and payment of the Entry Fee via the Online Entry Portal.
• “Event” means the Earth, Sea & Fire Triathlon Event.
• “Event Category” means an individual race category or stream within the Event.
• “Event Information” means any and all information provided prior to the Event by the Event Organiser in relation to the Event.
• “Event Organiser” means Dubrovnik Triathlon Club, a civic organization registered in Croatia ID number HR85320022847.
• “Help Desk” means the official information desk run by the Event Organiser at the Event for the duration of the Event.
• “Online Entry Portal” means the Event Organiser’s online registration system, which participants must use in order to apply, register and pay for entry to the Event.
• “Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in the Event.
• “Race Pack” means the official pack issued by the Event Organiser to the Participant containing all relevant Event materials.
• “Venue” means the venue where the Event is held.
2. Acceptance of Conditions
These Conditions shall apply in place of, and prevail over, any terms or conditions (whether or not in conflict or inconsistent with these Conditions) contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Participant (in correspondence or otherwise) or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing. The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon completion of the Entry Form.
3. Application and Payment
• The Participant shall complete the Entry Form on the Online Entry Portal and submit it together with payment of the Entry Fee in accordance with the instructions on the Online Entry Portal.
• The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Entry Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
• Your credit card will be charged for the amount of Entry Fee in local currency HRK – “Croatian kuna”.
• The prices listed in other currencies are for your reference only. The final amount on your credit card statement may differ from noted rates due to exchange rate variance. For applicable exchange rate please contact your credit card provider, as Event Organiser does not hold any information on final charged amount.
• Unless specifically prescribed otherwise by the Event Organiser, the minimum age of entry for the Event is 15 years old as at 31 December of the year in which the Event takes place for sprint race and 17 years old as at 31 December of the year in which Event takes place for Olympic triathlon.
• Teams (groups) must provide full details of all team members to the Event Organiser in writing by no later than two (2) weeks before the Event.
• The Event Organiser will use its reasonable endeavours to offer the Participant his/her desired Event Category, however, the Event Organiser is not responsible for the availability of any Event Category. All Entry Places are conditional on availability at the time of application. Should places in any Event Category be oversubscribed, the Event Organiser reserves the right to either: (i) offer the Participant a place in an alternative Event Category; or (ii) withdraw the offer of an Entry Place and provide the Participant with a full refund of the Entry Fee, with no further liability to the Participant in respect of such withdrawal.
• The Participant shall not be entitled to change the Event Category he/she has applied for after submitting the Entry Form.
• The Event Organiser will email all communications, including any offers of deferred entry or reserved entry places, newsletters and other relevant Event information, to the email address provided by the Participant on the Entry Form. The Event Organiser shall not be held responsible for any computer malfunctions or other technical anomalies that may occur in the process of sending out such email communications that result in failure of receipt by the Participant. To ensure receipt of all Event Information, it is the sole responsibility of the Participant to ensure they provide the Event Organiser with the correct email address and postal address and to inform the Event Organiser of any changes to these prior to the Event. The Event Organiser will process any changes to the Participant’s contact details.
• The Participant acknowledges and agrees that:
• entry to the Event is for personal use only;
• he/she may not purchase an Entry Place as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorized by the Event Organiser in advance in writing);
• he/she may not resell, offer for resell or allow a third party to resell his/her Entry Place (whether at a premium or otherwise);
• his/her Entry Place may not be used for advertising, promotion (including as a prize in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes;
• any donation, give away, resale or attempted resale of an Entry Place is grounds for seizure or cancellation of the Entry Place without refund of the Entry Fee or other compensation.
• The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable rules and regulations of any relevant sporting governing bodies that may oversee the Event, including but not limited to the Competition and Doping rules of the Croatian Triathlon Federation (“CTF“) and the rules and regulations of the International Triathlon Union (“ITU“) (“Applicable Rules”). The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Entry Fee if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any Applicable Rules. The Event Organiser and/or owners of the Venue are also entitled to impose additional Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will be provided or made available to the Participant and will form part of these Conditions. The Applicable Rules may be obtained from triatlon.hr and www.triathlon.org.
• On the day of the Event, the Participant must complete the registration process at the Venue (including, if required, racking his/her bike) at the times set out in the Event Information.
• It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use a roadworthy bicycle, helmet, or other safety requirements to ensure compliance with CTF rules and regulations. If required the Participant will supply any such equipment to the Event Organiser for inspection.
• The Event Organiser may introduce (at its absolute discretion) cut off time limits in respect of the time taken to complete sections of the Event to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Participants may be instructed to withdraw from the Event in accordance with imposed cut off times.
• The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove the Participant from the Event or prevent the Participant participating in the Event if the Event Organiser considers (in its absolute discretion) such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Entry Fee shall be made if the Participant is removed from the Event because he/she has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants.
• While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that no insurance is taken out by the Event Organiser on the Participant’s behalf through the CTF or otherwise. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is solely responsible for taking out adequate insurance cover in relation to his/her participation in the Event, including without limitation, personal accident or personal items insurance. In particular, the Participant acknowledges that any withdrawal from the Event on medical grounds will not entitle the Participant to a refund of the Entry Fee and any insurance to cover such circumstances is his/her own responsibility.
• The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running, and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placings. The Participant shall comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel at the Event. All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees, and its agents are final.
• The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning the Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, and any such changes will not result in the Event Organiser incurring any liability or any refund of the Entry Fee should the Participant withdraw from the Event. By way of example and for illustration purposes only, rules regarding wetsuits and/or the exact route of any part of the Event may change but such changes will not result in any liability for the Event Organiser or any refund of the Entry Fee if the Participant decides to withdraw from the Event as a result of these changes.
• The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event format at its sole discretion or cancel the Event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for any safety-related reason. If the Event is cancelled, the Event Organiser shall provide the Participant with a full refund of the Entry Fee and shall have no further liability whatsoever in respect of such cancellation. If the Event is changed to another format the Participant will not be entitled to any refund of the Entry Fee and the Event Organiser shall have no further liability whatsoever in respect of such change of format.
• The Event Organiser will use reasonable endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant, however, the Event Organiser shall not be responsible for the provision of a finish time in the event of any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
5. Withdrawal and reclamations
• The Participant acknowledges that Entry Places are limited and payment of the Entry Fee and reservation of an Entry Place has an effect on logistics and the subscription for the Event. Accordingly, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she will not be entitled to a refund of the Entry Fee or to transfer or defer his/her Entry Place if he/she withdraws from the Event for any reason (including because of illness or injury).
• The following conditions apply in respect of any withdrawal from the Event by the Participant after his/her Entry Place has been confirmed:
• The Participant has a fourteen (14)-day cooling off period in which the Participant may withdraw from the Event and receive a full refund of the Entry Fee, provided that the Event Organiser receives such notice of withdrawal no later than fourteen (14) days after payment of the Entry Fee. For the purposes of this clause, payment is deemed made when the Participant complete the authorisation of payment on the Online Entry portal.
• The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the date of the Event and shall notify the Participant of any such change as soon as reasonably practicable. If the Participant is unable to attend on the revised date, he/she may withdraw from the Event and receive a full refund of the Entry Fee, provided that the Event Organiser receives such notice of cancellation from the date the Event Organiser announces the change in date. For the avoidance of doubt, the Event Organiser reserves the right to alter the start time of the Event and shall notify the Participant of any such change as soon as reasonably practicable. No refund of the Entry Fee will be made in full or in part as a result of any change in the start time of the Event, provided that the Event takes place on the specified date of the Event.
• If a Participant withdraws from the Event (at any time) because he/she is being transferred overseas for military service or she is pregnant, the Participant, on provision of suitable and sufficient written evidence to the Event Organiser (as requested by the Event Organiser at its absolute discretion) shall be entitled to a refund of the Entry Fee, provided that, in the case of pregnancy, the Participant will be in the third trimester on the date of the Event.
• If the Participant fails to register for the Event at the Venue, he/she will receive no refund of the Entry Fee and shall not be entitled to transfer his/her Entry Place to another person or reserve an Entry Place for the following year.
• The Participant must notify the Event Organiser of any intention to withdraw from the Event no later than the day before the commencement of the Event by: (i) emailing the Event Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the desire to withdraw and putting the word WITHDRAWAL in the subject line of the email; or (ii) writing to the Triathlon Club Dubrovnik, Obala Stjepana Radića 25, 20000 Dubrovnik, Croatia. Withdrawals will not be accepted by telephone under any circumstances. The Participant agrees and acknowledges that a withdrawal is only valid if made in accordance with these Conditions and confirmed by the Event Organiser in writing.
• The Event Organiser must be aware of any complaint immediately on site and will try to rectify the problem through its representatives in real time. If this is not possible, all complaints must be submitted to Event Organiser in writing via email address email@example.com at Participant’s earliest convenience. Each claim will be carefully examined and replied within 30 days. In case of gross insufficiencies the Participant might have the right to possible refund. The amount of the refund will be based on the real damage incurred and all related circumstances.
• The Participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and demanding. By entering the Event, the Participant agrees that he/she is aware of the nature of the Event and the associated medical and physical risks.
• The Participant agrees that: (i) he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event; (ii) he/she shall be solely responsible for his/her actions at the Event; and (iii) the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event (unless caused due to the negligence of the Event Organiser). The Participant accepts that, should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to compete, the Participant will withdraw from the Event in accordance with clause 5 of these Conditions.
• The Event Organiser will not be liable for the actions of spectators or other third parties at the Event.
• Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude the Event Organiser’s liability for:
• death or personal injury caused by the Event Organiser’s negligence;
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
• any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
• The Event Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submission of the Entry Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Conditions. Without prejudice to the above limitation and subject to clause 6.4, the Event Organiser’s total liability in connection with these Conditions whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall not exceed an amount equal to the Entry Fee.
• The Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claim whatsoever against the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers, sponsors or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and arising out of or in connection to the Participant’s participation in the Event and the Participant on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs and successors in title shall indemnify and shall keep indemnified the Event Organiser and/or the Associated Parties against any claim, action, liability or loss in respect of any such liability. The Participant on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs and successors in title shall also indemnify the Event Organiser and the Associated Parties against any claim, action, liability or loss arising from or in connection with any breach by the Participant of his/her obligations under these Conditions or any negligent act or omission or wilful misconduct on the part of the Participant in connection with the Event.
• This clause 6 shall be read and construed and shall have effect subject to any limitation imposed by any applicable law.
• The Participant irrevocably consents to:
• his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited by the Event Organiser and its Associated Parties in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now known or subsequently invented worldwide in perpetuity; and
• the use and reproduction by the Event Organiser and its Associated Parties of the Participant’s name, likeness and appearance, including without limitation in any photograph, film or recording, by all means and in all media worldwide in perpetuity for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
• Any film, photograph (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture of the Event captured by the Participant, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the Event Organiser, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give effect thereto. Any such film, photograph or recording shall not be used other than for private use without the Event Organiser’s prior written consent.
• These Conditions (and the documents referred to therein) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form (and the documents referred to therein) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Conditions.
• Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
• No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
• If any provision or part-provision of these Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Conditions.
• These Conditions and entry into the Event are personal to the Participant and he/she may not assign any of his/her rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser, to be granted at its absolute discretion in accordance with clause 5.
• These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Republic of Croatia and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Croatian Courts.